- Patton, M. Q. (2000). Utilization-focused evaluation. In D. L. Stufflebeam, G. F. Madaus, & T. Kellaghan (Eds.), Evaluation models: Viewpoints on educational and human services evaluation (pp. 425-438). Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- (2002) Glossary of key terms in evaluation and results-based management. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/29/21/2754804.pdf
- Riley, W. J., Moran, J. W., Corso, L. C., Beitsch, L. M., Bialek-Cofsky, A. (2010). Defining quality improvement in public health. Journal of Public Health Management & Practice, 16(1), 5-7. doi:10.1097/PHH.0b013e3181bedb49
- Fraser Health. (2011). Differentiation of research, quality improvement and program evaluation. Retrieved from http://research.fraserhealth.ca/media/2014-03-04Research_QI_Program-Evaluation-Differentiation.pdf
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada. (2012, June 29). Glossary of terms. Retrieved from http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/meth_gde_e_30875.html
- Osborne, D. & Gaebler, T. (1992). Reinventing government: How the entrepreneurial spirit is transforming the public sector. Indianapolis, IN: Addison-Wesley.
- Baker, A., Bruner, B., & Sabo, K. (2005). Evaluation capacity and evaluative thinking in organizations. Cambridge, MA: Bruner Foundation.
- Snowden, D. J. & Boone, M. E. (2007). A leaders’ framework for decision making. Harvard Business Review, 85(11), 68-76.
- Davidson, J. (2012). Actionable evaluation basics: Getting succinct answers to the most important questions. Real Evaluation. Retrieved from http://realevaluation.com/read/minibooks/.
- Davidson, E. J. (2007). Editorial: Unlearning some of our social scientist habits. Journal of Multidisciplinary Evaluation, 4(8), iii-vi.